Photo: AP.org
I mean no disrespect to the troops, but I really wonder who should be more ashamed for being in this picture. Bush for having the gall to run with a guy whose legs he had blown off in this useless war or the GI for not jamming his prosthetic legs up Bush's ass.
I hope the vet asked Bush why his legs had to be sacrificed for non-existent WMD or the oil or for Iraqi freedom.
Read [http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_wounded_soldier_1|the original article] that this picture came with at News.Yahoo.Com.
Yes, I know Bush promised the guy by his bed to run with him one day, but this war (any war) is so much bigger than some Hollywood-perfect promise Bush made to a GI.
Don't be distracted by Bush pretending. Bush running with this guy is an empty gesture. If Bush really wanted to help, he'd stop this from happenning to anyone else.
Sorry, I can't talk about politics and stuff at work, so I kind of explode with cynicism and disgust at night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment