Saturday, June 17, 2006

Working Saturdays is FUN!

So, I get suckered into working on a Saturday at my projectionist job. Not just a Saturday, mind you, but an 8:30am start. Then, yesterday it turns out they need me to come in at 7:30am to make sure the client has what they need. Turns out they may not even screen anything and will just be using the big room to shoot stuff for a Discovery channel show in it. Robert Osborne will be in the house later this morning.... WAHOO!!!

Actually, I like him quite a bit. I even have a copy of a commercial he did back in the 80s for a psychic hotline--I think I even remember his dialogue from it "I'm Robert Osborne and I endorse xyz hotline and it is endorsed by the stars."

Whatever the hell that means.

Anyway, so now it looks like I'll just be babysitting, which I guess is fine except for the fact that I reeeeally wanted to sleep in today. I'll just have to sleep in tomorrow. Monday morning I've actually got a court appearance. My lawyer is trying to have that lawsuit dismissed. Man, I'll be so happy when that is all over with. It's clearly an illegal lawsuit but since I'm clueless how the law works I may still get screwed. Hopefully my lawyer knows what he's doing.

So, I'm just sitting here. I was going to back up some files to my box.net account, but they were on my 3g iPod which can't get power from my usb port and alas, it seems that my iPod has met the same fate as so many others--the battery is having trouble holding a charge for very long. So sad...

Instead, I think I'll work on the site. I've been slowly retooling the look since the footer refuses to display properly and the sidebar was getting too cluttered for my tastes. You might expect to see some weirdness over the next day or so, but by Monday things will be stable. Or at least, I hope they'll be. :)

Anyway, I hope you're having a great weekend! I'm making $15/hr to babysit and work on my site. That's pretty cool, actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment