Wednesday, May 18, 2005

STAR WARS: EPISODE 3: REVENGE OF THE SITH (2005)

Positive Experience/Entertaining?? Sure, in a mindless, FX-laden, character and depth-free kind of way.

Technically any good? Heh-heh... not at all. Plot holes, inconsitencies in tone, structure and logic mar this movie through and through. However, thanks to all the whizbang stuff (see question #1) most viewers will be completely distracted from the failings of this film.

How did it leave me feeling? Disappointed but not surprised about it. There were some points I found myself happy with what was going on, but now I'd be hard pressed to tell you what they were. This is probably because something stupid would come along just as I started enjoying myself. One thing is for certain: the full sequence of Vader-human to Vader-machine was a moment like that. You'll know the moment where it goes from truly kick-ass to WTF. It got a laugh from the opening-night crowd I saw it with.

Final Rating? SAM (Hey, it's Star Wars, you didn't think I'd give it a DNS--Do Not See...)

No comments:

Post a Comment