Monday, September 12, 2005

FREE iPOD, NINTENDO DS, ETC. UPDATE

I'm procrastinating for a bit as I have a huge amount of writing to do in the next 12 hours. So, I thought I'd finally do an update regarding [http://thepete.com/index.php?p=1561|my experiment] regarding the free {insert your favorite electronic item here} in exchange for trying a service of some kind or another.

When I first posted on this back in January of 2005 there was a company called "Gratis Network" that seemed to be the most reputable of a bunch I had seen out there. But rather than just trying it out on my own, I invited my readers to sign up through my referral link and then use the [http://www.thepete.com/gratis/|conga line] I set up to help them get their item sooner. Well, here it is more than half-a-year later and I still don't have all of the referals I need to get my free Nintendo DS. I am only missing one, however.

The irony is that I had while I got 3 of the 4 referals I needed, I got 46 people start offers through my referal link but not finish them. That's a lot of effort that has gone to waste because those folks didn't bother to finish what they started. Their efforts could have help a helluva lot of people (including themselves) get their devices for free, but instead, they wasted their own time. Well, all but three of those people. Also, the conga line is JAMMED with people. Apparently, only one of them have gotten their item. However, more could have gotten there item only to not bother updating their listing.

Another funny thing happened over this half-year--Gratis Network changed their name to "FreePay" which I find to be a much less interesting and much more Orwellian name--I mean, dig that crazy doublespeak or what?

Anyway, they still have their blog (though I liked the Gratis site because the blog was on the main page) and they still have a gallery up featuring pics of people who got stuff for free. Since I'm one referal away from getting my free Nintendo DS, I'm feeling pretty confident it will happen. What I'm going to do for the four people who help me get my free DS is give their referral links time in the header of my website. If you check out the header of the page you're reading right now you'll see a little link that says "Free Nintendo DS". Right now, that's [http://gamingsystems.freepay.com/?r=13469685 |my referal link], but once I get my four referals, I'll swap that link out for the referal link of the first person to complete an offer through my referal link. Once that person gets their free gaming system, I'll swap it out for the next person who helped. My site gets about 1500 unique visitors a day so it just might help you get your free item faster. Remember, 46 people signed up through my referral link--if most of them weren't so lazy I'd have gotten my DS months ago.

If/when I do get my free DS, I'm going to try to get a desktop PC or maybe a PSP. I've heard that thing is infinitely hackable. ;) Yes, I'll use the conga line and yes, that will stay up for the forseeable future.

So, if anyone feels like helping out and getting a free game system (eventually), now's a good time.

And, of course, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment