Thursday, September 22, 2005

Things are Crap All Over!

Wow, if I don't already have enough to deal with (being broke, my cell phone is dead, I'm in the middle of putting on a show, owe the USG $800 for taxes, my scooter is out of commission, and a few other things I've yet to blog about) I know have to show up this morning for jury duty.

Yes, I know there are plenty of people who have it worse than me.

Yes, I know it could always be worse.

But I'm getting real tired of everything. I just wish, for a while, for me and for the world, things could just go well for a little bit. Sure, I got married in Scotland and that was great and positive and whatever, but I shouldn't have to pay for good things happening to me with stacks of bad things happening to me. And what about the rest of the world, too?

Life seems like a never ending flow of obstacles, trials, tribulations and other pains in the collective ass. Sometimes I wonder why we bother.

Regardless, my heart and hopes go out to everyone who is having a shitty day today--whether it be me, stranded at the LA Airport Courthouse without a cell phone or internet connection for the day, my Dad and other family members in Texas who are now evacuating (hopefully). Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I haven't heard from my dad since yesterday afternoon when Rita was still a Cat 4.

Wonderful time to be without a cell phone. Thanks, Sprint, for taking a week to get me a replacement!! (Glad I paid for that insurance!!)

3 comments:

  1. It does seem like bad things are happening to everyone. However, there are some bright spots. All eight dolphins were found and rescued. That plane last night landed safely. We just have to look for those shining spots to pull us through the really dark stuff. I know, I know - I am a Pollyanna. But it is the only way for me to keep going. And Pete will survive this day without a cell phone. Sometimes we need a day to disconnect and just think about things. Having been called to jury duty several times before the days of cell phones and wifi laptops, I knew I had to do something to keep from going nuts so I took a legal pad and wrote whatever I thought about. It helped pass the time. "They" say things are always darkest before the dawn so we can look forward to some great and wonderful things happening. RIGHT?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'sup, "the whole world sucks ass" buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom: Thanks for your words of encouragement--I'm just dealing with an awful lot right now and I'm not just saying that. Also, I don't believe I ever suggested that I would die at jury duty with or without a cell phone. It's not one thing pushing me over the edge, it's a lot of things and I can't expect a bunch of little good things to make it all better. I need some space--some time away from life--not just LA. I desperately need to simply stop for a while and I don't see a chance for me to do that anytime soon, hence the stress.

    Jen: Right on, sister!

    Now, I'm pretty sure I should get where your reference comes from but it's just not coming to me. :(

    ReplyDelete