Wednesday, September 28, 2005

PROBLEMS WITH TOM DeLAY

So, today, Tom DeLay got indicted for conspiracy and stuff--of course, his camp has already announced that the charges are baseless. Isn't it ridiculous how EVERY time someone "respectable" is charged with some crime their lawyer makes the same damn comment about how the charges are full of crap.

Just don't say anything, you morons!

We KNOW they're not full of crap because obviously some prosecutor somewhere thinks he or she has enough on your ass to nail you, so don't be stupid and say something that is worthless and a waste of time and effort. JUST SHUT UP and start working on your defense...

All of this being said, I'm almost disappointed that this could mean the end of DeLay's career. I'd just LOVE to see him suffer thanks to his own words asking the President to resign.

See, I was reposting some of my old blog entries from 1998 and stumbled across [http://thepete.com/starr-vader/|this post] where I wrote of DeLay way back in the heady days of the Clinton Years having some trouble with the current man in the White House. Here's part of what I said:
I know, I know - weรข€™ve ALL had and heard enough of the Clinton/Starr/Lewinsky mess, but I still feel the need to vent about it, so here we go again. Last week, House Majority Whip (and Republican) Tom DeLay called on Clinton to quit. DeLay claimed that Clinton had done irreparable damage to the office of the President because he lied to the American People.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is a great example of how Republicans should be ashamed of themselves. Back in 1998 the WORST Clinton did was lie about oral sex. Right now, that would be the BEST thing Bush could admit to doing in the White House.

And where are the Republicans now? Are they going on and on about how Bush has squandered the global good will that the US had just post-911? Are Republicans raving about how Bush has spent $400+ billion on wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and has yet to find Sadam's WMD OR ObL? Are Republicans demanding impeachment thanks to Bush's admitted mishandling of the Katrina disaster? What about the minor but still illegal act of violating the Covert Propaganda law by producing uncredited video spots promoting Bush 43 Admin interests that look a lot like news segments?

Hypocrits. The lot of them.

And the Democrats could easily take back control next year if only they'd start calling Republicans on their hypocracies and contradictions. But they won't because ultimately they're one big happy party--two factions, but one party.

Man, how I hate parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment