So, I'm over at Joystiq.com getting my daily dose of video game news and they're doing a new series of stories on game advertising. In one of these entries they post an ad for a game I've heard of but never played. Here's the good bits of the ad:
Click the pic to go to the original post and to see, what I feel are, the objectionable bits. See, to me the ad punished me for having lustful (instictive, natural thoughts). I HATE violence toward women and to me to see a beautiful woman who has suffered violence is not cool--I can't just "not look" at ads like this--by the time I realize what I'm looking at, it's too late--I've already been disturbed.
I mean, this ad was nothing like the very disturbing violence toward hotness in the movie Munich, but it still bugged me.
Of course, if you have a look and you aren't the least bit offended you might want to consider just how jaded you are. If you're actually turned on by such an image, I'd suggest a little therapy.
Sure, sure, "just cover up the wound and she's just sleeping"--yeah, yeah, just keep telling yourself that. I doubt you'd be willing to say that about a real dead woman in your bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment