Tuesday, April 25, 2006

LITHIUM CARS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON CREDIT

OK, so that headline is most definitely not true--it's an obscure reference to an obscure scifi film (can you name it?). However, Lithium-powered cars may be on the horizon. What's so cool about lithium cars? Well, they're powered by the same type of batteries that keep your cell phone functioning and supposedly can allow a car to travel 300 miles on a single 5-hour charge. HOT DAMN!

That catch is even tiny little lithium 2-seaters will run you a somewhat steep 35 grand. Then again, think of the money you WON'T be spending on gas. I think that just might be worth the trade off. Hell, I just might break down and finance a car like that and I DESPISE debt. Though the debt we've got with Mother Nature is one we need to pay off.

Damn, what a hippie thing to say!

[http://www.local6.com/news/8988315/detail.html|Read more about the lithium-battery-powered car in this April 25, 2006 article] at Local6.Com.

No comments:

Post a Comment