Wow--for the first time in years I actually bumped into someone I knew in a public place. It was completely random and it was a friend whom I haven't seen in 5 years. TheWife and I were out bopping around, trying to stay excited about being in LA and, again with complete randomness, ended up at [http://skoobys.com|Skooby's] in Hollywood after looking for places to eat in Malibu and across a good portion of Ventura Blvd. As we started ordering our Garlic Lovers Dogs I glanced behind us to see my old Red Dwarf fangirl friend Heidi--or as she is known on the 'net, Stennie (Stennieville.com).
She totally didn't recognize me (I just have one of those forgetful faces ;) ) but I recognized her right away--though I wasn't entirely sure it was her since the last time I saw her she was a blonde and it was, like, 5 years ago. So we ate our deluxe meals and as TheWife and I were about to leave I went over and said "Are you Heidi?"
To which, she said "yeah?" You know--one of those pregnant "do I (want to) know you?" deals (not that I blame her, I'd be the same way) and I tell her my name and it all comes back to her. I re-introduced her to TheWife and Heidi introduces us to her friend and we chat briefly and were off after I told her I'd stop by her site and drop her an email.
So, today I did both. Her site is mostly reviews of movies but also features a blog of daily trivia questions (which always kick my ass). It also turns out she's got an audio podcast going with her friend Bet. It's called [http://hucklebug.blogspot.com/|Huckle-Bug] and it's really funny. Just the two of them talking about stuff--but with them it's actually pretty entertaining. I feel like I'm just hanging out with them while I listen.
Of course, talking about one friend's blog and podcast reminds me of two other talented friend's blogs. My friends Pamela and Anderw, or collectively: Pamdrew, are two of the most creative and talented people I know. They're both actors and were in my play Director's Cut last year, where we met.
Pamela has a blog at pamdrew.blogspot.com where she blogs about her adventures being an actor in Los Angeles. Among her recent topics are the pole dancing class she is taking, the importance of good headshots and her cool dayjob boss. I think she's actually a very talented writer and hope she keeps her blog going.
Andrew, on the other hand, is completely talentless... NO, NO, NO! I'm just kidding!! He, like Pamela, is immensely talented. He's been developing a puppet-based podcast called The Felties and you can read about his adventures as an actor/writer/puppeteer in Los Angeles at thefelties.blogspot.com. Oh, yeah-he produced and directed his first play (I think it was his first) earlier this year and it was really good. Andrew also has a hillarious vodcast called Disembodied Animal Head Theatre or DAHT for short. It features classic scenes from Shakespeare paraphrased by those animal head puppets that are just articulated little plastic animal heads on the ends of sticks (the same kind you always see at amusement park souvenir shops). DAHT is far funnier than it should be--but that's the kind of talent Andrew brings so check it out at daht.blogspot.com.
Pamdrew are so talented I'm hoping to work with them soon on a podcast--either on one we create together or at least have them on The 5 Minute Show.
OK, that's all for now! I hope you'll check those sites out and I hope you enjoy them, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment