So, last week, TheWife twists her ankle on the way into a dance audition, then 48 hours later learns she's being called in for jury duty. Meanwhile, my scooter breaks down on me and I don't have the money to fix it. Gas is through the roof right now so I drop $5 into TheWife's CRV's tank and there's barely any left after it gets me to work and back. Then our building's plumbing goes wonky and our regular plumber refuses to come back (he was JUST here today and not 15 minutes after he left the sink backs up). While I was at work tonight the sink backed up and flooded the kitchen. When I got home, I called up Roto-Rooter and they won't send anyone out without a credit card and/or 75 bucks. I've got a credit card but no $75.
Next week I get to go to court to defend myself against a lawsuit for an alleged back debt I owe. I totally don't owe it and the lawyers suing me haven't come close to validating the debt, but I still have to go in. "Innocent until proven guilty" unless you happen not be in the court room in which case you are assumed guilty and the judgement goes against you (aka you now owe whatever they say you owe).
This is all on top of my standard stack of things to do, like blogging, drawing comics, writing a novel and screenplay, running clients' websites (and my own), and working on my various podcasts.
Things can really stop going wrong any moment now and I'll be perfectly satisfied.
I know there are plenty of people on the planet who have it worse than me, really I just needed to vent.
Oh, one good thing, I brought home a poster for the film Memoirs of a Geisha. Terrible movie, great poster. It's one of the perks of working at a screening facility. :)
Still, I'd give it back in exchange for a dry kitchen floor right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment