Friday, May 14, 2004

My iBook is iLost

So, after the Airborne guy showed up with another (empty) computer box for me two days ago, I became a little concerned. I called good old Robin at Apple Customer Relations who had assured me she would take care of things. As usual, I got her voice mail, so I left her a message explaining what was up. She called me back a little later and said that she was worried and that she wanted to call Airborne just to make sure all was fine. She called me back and said that my iBook had arrived but that for some reason (she didn't specify) they wouldn't be able to fix it until Thursday. This meant that it would be shipped back to me on Thrusday for a Friday delivery. This of course means that I would have my iBook back a day later than she had said.

The story isn't over yet.

So, yesterday, I get a call from Robin, it turns out when the tech guys opened up my laptop box Thursday morning it had a Dell laptop inside.

She then told me that there was a Dell repair place just up the road from them and that they would try to get in touch with them to see if they had my iBook. She apologized, explaining that she was embarrassed that after she had been so confident everything would be fine this happened. I told her "That's usually when everything goes wrong."

She was nice and certainly apologetic about it, but the problem remained that I don't have the iBook I paid $1400 for last fall. I didn't give this little reminder to her because I still need her on my side. You don't mouth off to the waiter before the desert is served, do you? Anyway, so I asked her to call me back when she knew anything.

I never heard back from her.

I called her twice yesterday afternoon and got voice mail both times. When I called her today, I got her voice mail, but couldn't leave a message because her voice mail box was full.

So, the last I heard, my iBook is MIA and so is the woman who told me I'd have it fixed in a day and back in my hands in two.

:confused:

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad that you haven't been recording these phone conversations, Pete; it would have made a great documentary. I can't believe how much Apple"Care" has f*cked you over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention that - in fact, I thought I told you about this. I *am* recording my conversations with them. Well, my side, anyway. Remember that little pocket vidcam I have? It's got a nice little desktop tripod and I just aim it at myself whenever I call them.

    What do you want?? I'm Evil! EVIL!!

    ReplyDelete