Friday, May 21, 2004

TROY (2004)

Troy (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)Entertaining? Yes, but most of it is due to not excising the best bits of the source material.
Technically any good? Yes and no. Acting, directing fight scenes, everything was hit and miss.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? More satisfied than I expected. I was expecting this to be a big dumb action movie, but it ended up being not as dumb, only because some of Homer's original ideas from The Iliad did not get completely lost. Also, I enjoyed the one-on-one fight scenes and the light exploration of duality in war. It also would have been nice if we could have seen even 1/10th the amount of female flesh as we saw of male flesh. It's ancient Greece, for crying out loud, you'd think there'd be at least ONE stray naked booby...
Final Rating? SAM (Not astounding, but not utter crap, either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment