Monday, July 4, 2005

H-MAN (1958)

Positive Experience or Entertaining? Definitely, although the dub was INSANELY OFFENSIVE!! It was voiced by actors speaking English with a faux-Asian accent. "Ah-hah! We all za porice!"

Technically any good? While the story is a bit cheesy, it's this cheese that makes it fun. The FX when humans are dissolving are creepy as hell, too. The acting is pretty solid, although the lead actress is not so much. The dialog is for crap, although I blame the lame translation and lousy direction of the voice over actors. I've also read that the dubbed version is cut down from the original Japanese version which could explain the thin plot and short running time of just 79 minutes.

How did it leave me feeling? Annoyed--this movie is probably pretty damn creepy in it's native language. I'd love to see that version some time.

Final Rating? GSN (but ONLY IF YOU CAN GET THE SUBBED VERSION!)

No comments:

Post a Comment