I've said before that the threat of Al Qaeda killing Americans is minimal at most. Lots of people don't believe that and in a way, you'd be right. Because in fighting this "war on (imagined) terror" in Iraq and Afghanistan, many Americans have died. Below is a screen grab of the map PalmBeachPost.com posted on their site. [http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/photos/war_casualties/map/m10000.html|Check out the original for an interactive version of the map] or just look at the one below and feel depressed. You can click on it to make it bigger--the map, I mean, but the depression might get bigger, too.
Huh, despite the stereotypes, it seems fairly well distributed. Perhaps we're finally seeing a war (or wars) that kill Americans of all races, creeds, regions and class-levels.
Well, probably not that last one... although if Jenna or Barbara Jr. were to enlist I'd be DAMN impressed. Like that will ever happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment