Wednesday, May 10, 2006

BUSH BITING IT IN THE POLLS

The following news of America finally getting a fucking clue comes to us from [http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/09/opinion/polls/main1604495.shtml|a May 9, 2006 article] at CBSNews.com:
President Bush and the Republican Congress show nearly record low ratings while Democrats are viewed much more favorably in their performance on the issues that matter most to Americans, according to the latest CBS News/New York Times poll.

Only 31% of those polled approve of Mr. Bush's job performance and 68% believe the United States is worse off today than it was before Bush became president.


Of course, all I can say is bloody well ABOUT TIME!

Man, those Ballpoint Adventures strips I drew where the punchline for like a week was "BECAUSE AMERICA IS MORONS" was no exaggeration. Many of us in the so-called "blame America first" crowd have been calling this shit for years. In fact, I think, at this point, everyone who ever disagreed with me and others like me on how bad Bush was and how bad he'd get must bow down and lick the toe-cheese from my feet.

Seriously, to say "I told you so" would be the biggest goddamn understatement since I said "Please, let the recount continue."

Which brings me to the wonderful uncertainty of the completely flawed 2000 election.

My argument back then wasn't that Gore won--it was that we should just be sure that we know who won regardless of who that is.

Now Bush has reamed the planet Earth up the butt with a rusty steel pipe and we don't even know for sure if he's the legal president.

Isn't that kind of funny actually?

I feel like Charleton Heston in the original Planet of the Apes.

GET YOUR STINKING PAWS OFF MY PLANET YOU DAMN DIRTY REPUBLICAN!

Oh yeah, and what a colossal screw up who, when asked what his best moment in office was, replied "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake."

That was according to [http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/3846320.html|this May 7, 2006 article] from Chron.com and Reuters.Com.

Catching a fish was his best moment? It sure wasn't Iraq, Afghanistan, 911, Katrina, the deficit, the ever-weakening dollar, gas prices, the War Against Terror... should I go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment