Tuesday, May 9, 2006

So, I was cutting a Vlog entry together and...

So, my day got totally screwed up because the UPS guy didn't show up until like 7pm. I was waiting around--didn't even shower--for this dude to show up. I cleaned up my office a bit, same with the apartment. Did some dishes. It was one of those quasi-productive days. I need to make some more money soon.

Didn't make any money today hardly at all. I did about 3 hours of web work at $15/hr (well below what I should be charging) is still way short of next month's rent.

So, anyway, in a vague mood but decided to cut Wednesday's Vlog entry before I climbed into bed with TheWife and my iPod and got a good ways through the project. I was just about to lay in one last clip and then the end credits when I realized that I needed to shoot an outro for it. So, I grab my minicam turn on my extra desk lamp and shoot it.

I then plug my minicam's USB cable into my new USB hub--this is the first time I've done this since I got the hub (It's tiny and was just $14 from SuperMediaStore.Com!). Something went wonky and OSX thought I unplugged the thing after it had mounted, which I didn't.

Of course, now I have to unplug it and plug it back in so it'll remount. I do and OSX says there's nothing on the compact flash chip. As my buddy Stew says: no biggie. I have an app called CameraSalvage that recovers lost data from flash chips that saved all the footage I shot for my zoo minidoc that I still have to edit o_O.

I start the app up and realize this is going to take a while--it's a 1 gig chip which means 30 minutes later, I'm still sitting here waiting for the damn thing to finish scanning the CF chip. So, I figure, why not blog on it?? :)

Just typical though. I just had like two more things to do and this giant screw up occurs thanks to nothing intentional I've done. AH well... I'll show fate and get my shit done anyway. My iPod will wait and my TheWife is already sound asleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment