Tuesday, May 2, 2006

[ThePhlog] 5/02/2006 06:32:25 PM

this is an audio post - click to play


--
Posted by ThePete to ThePhlog at 5/02/2006 06:32:25 PM

8 comments:

  1. FYI> You told everyone that you work at XXXX XXXX basically. I thought you wanted to keep that quiet? You may want to edit this post too!

    EDITED BY ThePete. Thanks for not minding, Bob! -ThePete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some neighborhoods in America are just too iconic not to know what's where given a landmark such as Paramount Studios. There is only the most famous cemetery in all of the US behind Paramont besides Arlington National Cemetery in DC. Most people know the area even if they haven't ever been there before in person.
    Example: Lets say, "I work at a place across the street from the MGM in Vegas". Gee could that be the Tropicana????
    Some places in America are just well known enough to figure out what is where such as Times Square, the Vegas strip, "Holly Wood!", ect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, well, I'll be sure to be more vague in the future. I lived in LA for about 7 years before I had even heard of the place in question despite the fact that I had driven by Paramount countless times and even pitched there. I also know plenty of people in the "biz" who have never heard of the place either. I personally have no idea what's across from the MGM in Vegas and have never heard of the famous cemetary behind Paramount even though I've walked and driven past it many many times.

    I assume that most people don't visit LA or if they have don't know it so well they can ID an obscure studio in relation to a famous one. I mean, how do you even know about that place? Have you been to LA?

    I want answers! ANSWERS!! ANSWERS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you how and why. I do know my detailed geography or topography configuration though. Look on those sat maps you and anyone can google. You can see the dish in the parking lot. You can see the garbage pick up gate in the back ect, ect, ect. I should of told you I worked for the USG, and was assigned to help keep tabs on Holly Wood; now that would of really freaked you out, but I don't "F" with with people's heads. So there is your answers, answers, answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhh

    Wait, when did you tell me that (about the detailed geography or topography). I suppose Google Maps will tell you the surrounding studios if you decide to go that far. But most people don't bother unless they really want to know. In that case, they'll find out anyway. Much like you did. I'm not about to go through life being THAT vague...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to for some subjects. It's a fact of life until corporations are no longer considered persons.
    PS I love it when a good "point" comes together, or is it a "plan"? I'm a little rusty on my A-Team quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's "plan" but I think I get your point... :)

    ReplyDelete