Thursday, May 4, 2006

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Uh... hard to say, really. If I was entertained it was because it was so bad.


Technically any good? They should have just made this thing a comedy and be done with it because it was so silly. It was an unmovie--think of it as a good movie with all of the interesting and memorable bits suctioned out leaving only explosions, "intense" talking scenes and scenes where plot points fall neatly into Tom's lap. The script is clunky and nonsensical while the effects are fine, but who cares? The acting was pretty laughable and not once was I convinced of anything remotely resembling reality by Tom's "OPRAH, I'M IN LOVE WITH KATIE" intensity that seems to be his trademark today.


How did it leave me feeling? Thankful for free pre-screenings. I can't imagine paying for a movie that doesn't tell you why the bad guy is bad (he deals in the black market--that's all we're told--black market WHAT? Rolex watches?) or what the McGuffin ends up being. Remember how saving Newt was the main point for the climax in Aliens but she dies at the beginning of the sequel? Well, this whole movie was like that.


Final Rating? DNS (Do Not See - the film is predictable, absurd and boring. Why is faking Capote's death so important?)

No comments:

Post a Comment