Tuesday, February 14, 2006

QUESTIONS ABOUT DICK SHOOTING

No, I'm not going to make a big deal about Cheney hunting without a $7 license--after all, there are muuuuch bigger laws the Bush 43 Administration has broken. What I am concerned about is why the incident didn't hit the press on Saturday when it actually happened. Why wait until Sunday?

Seems odd to give the ranch owner a whole day to tell the press about this--perhaps it's not too odd, however, considering Anne Armstrong, the mother of the current ranch owner, Katharine Armstrong, [http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/14/cheney/|used to be on the board for Haliburton]--right around the time Cheney worked there, too.

Do I think something fishy is going on? Not really--however, I do believe that Cheney's irresistable urge to spin caused him to keep this story from the public. Lie enough and you begin to lie even when you don't have to. To me this seems like an accident. However, if it was an accident, why wait 24 hours to report it?

Read more about this story in [http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/questions-mount-over-cheney-shooting/2006/02/14/1139890738500.html|a February 15, 2006 article] at http://theage.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment