Tuesday, February 7, 2006

TURKISH MOVIE REFLECTS TURKISH HATRED OF AMERICA

And who can blame them? Of course, I think they've taken it a bit far. Here's a clip from [http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/movies/article.adp?id=20060202084309990001|an February 2, 2006 article] that reports on the new Turkish film Valley of the Wolves Iraq:
n the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.


Please forgive me while I giggle a bit.

While everyone knows that even USGIs kill innocents during war (all armies do) sending bodies to be disected and have their organs sold to rich folks isn't really understood as, well, actually going on.

Still, if that Oprah-guy can make crap up (not to mention that Bush-guy), I suppose it's acceptable for a Turkish film to go well into the fictional zone. The concern is that folks who see the film won't do their own research to find out what the film gets right and what it gets wrong.

Then again, most Americans don't bother to do their own research and just take what they see on the western, mainstream news as the complete truth.

Oh and good news: apparently, the film will be screening in the US. If I stumble across any movie listings for it, I'll be sure to blog about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment