Wednesday, February 1, 2006

SHEEHAN FOR CALIFORNIA SENATE?? HELL, YEAH!

[http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0129-03.htm|Here's a January 29, 2006 article] from AP.org that you can find over at CommonDream.Org. It reports on Anti-Iraq War Activist Cindy Sheehan visiting Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and talking about running for the Senate later this year. She says that she'd run against Diane Feinstein, a person who she feels is out of touch with her blue state constituents. I'd definitely agree with Sheehan on that--Feinstein not only endorsed Condi "White" Rice for the SoS position, but Feinstein introduced Rice at the beginning of Rice's confirmation hearing.

However, this is not the only reason I'd support Sheehan for Senate. The main reason is because she is not a politician. She does not even come close to fitting the traditional mold.

She is outspoken, principled, and is willing to go to the mat for what she believes in. Plus she is willing to swear to the press--I think that's cool.

So, come this November, I hope to be voting for Sheehan.

And if she loses, then we'll know it's going to be more of the same from Feinstein--Democracy Inaction, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment