Monday, November 7, 2005

GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK (2005)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. One of the best docudramas I think I've ever seen. Lots of sitting around talking, but somehow it stays interesting the entire time.

Technically any good? While any film adapting real life events tends to be a little hollow, this film managed to avoid this problem with good pacing and great editing. The acting was spot on and Strathairn should get at least an Oscar nomination. The story was rivetting and all too topical. And no, it didn't come across like a liberal tome. It presented McCarthy the way he presented himself--lying, fear-mongering, and generally being un-American--like I said, it's very topical.

How did it leave me feeling? Fired up--inspired to keep fighting the good fight. Truth and justice are not partisan issues. Dissent is American. Damn good stuff.

Final Rating? GSN (this movie has adult themes, but nothing really that kids can't handle)

No comments:

Post a Comment