So, if I say Jessie Jackson is a liar, I'm a racist. If I say George W. Bush is a sociopath then I'm a conservative-hating liberal. If I say that what Israel is doing to the Palestinian people is illegal, then I now hate all Jews, despite the fact that I'm married to a person of Jewish descent. So, before I go any further with this post, I just want to state clearly and fully that I have nothing against Jewish people. I do have some problems with the Israeli government however.
To me the Israeli Government does not equate to Jewish people around the world.
Hell, I don't think the Israeli government equates to the Israeli people.
OK, now, check out what Guardian.co.uk reported in [http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1650426,00.html|an article they posted on their site] last Friday:
A confidential Foreign Office document accuses Israel of rushing to annex the Arab area of Jerusalem, using illegal Jewish settlement construction and the vast West Bank barrier, in a move to prevent it becoming a Palestinian capital.
Wow--settlements illegal? I've read for years about this but it's nice to see that a (semi) world power actually knows this, too. Too bad they're not willing to do anything about it.
After all, what's the point of laws if the powerful (or those with powerful friends) don't have to follow them?
We might as well be a lawless planet all together.
The article goes on:
In an unusually frank insight into British assessments of Israeli intentions, the document says that Ariel Sharon's government is jeopardising the prospect of a peace agreement by trying to put the future of Arab East Jerusalem beyond negotiation and risks driving Palestinians living in the city into radical groups. The document, obtained by the Guardian, was presented to an EU council of ministers meeting chaired by the foreign secretary, Jack Straw, on Monday with recommendations to counter the Israeli policy, including recognition of Palestinian political activities in East Jerusalem.
Yowza...
I've been avoiding blogging much about the Israelestine mess lately. It's been all too confusing. One minute Sharon seems to be wearing the blood of Palestinians like a Republican wears 911. Then he talks about pulling out of the West Bank. Then he leaves the Likud Party. Did he end up doing that? It's all so confusing. I wish I had more time to research it. Regardless, what Israel has done/is doing is illegal and just because the Arabs started it (over 30 years ago!!) doesn't mean it's legal for you to finish it.
When are you going to finish it by the way?
So, are the Brits being anti-Jew just by reporting this memo? Is the UKG anti-Jew for having written the memo? Am I anti-Jew for blogging this?
I hope the answer is obvious.
No comments:
Post a Comment