Wednesday, November 2, 2005

USG SECRET JAILS NOT SO SECRET OR SECURE

So, according to WaPo, the:

[http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644_pf.html|CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret Prisons]

News24.com is saying that:

[http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1828064,00.html|White House mum on secret jails]

That's no surprise since info regarding how US prisoners are treated in other, known, prisons are just as unknown. VoicesMag.com is reporting that according to:

[http://www.voicesmag.com/Archives/News/nov2005/rumsfeld_us_un_guantanamo_110205.htm|U.S. 'Not Inclined' To Grant UN Access to Guantanamo]

This is truly rich coming from the most powerful country on Earth. Well, what do we expect from the Republicans that run the USG the same way? They know that checks and balances are a joke so they can get away with literal murder.

So, rather than letting the UN into Gitmo so they can see how well prisoners are treated, they are kept out--why could this be?

Hm... well, it's so bad at least one prisoner escaped. According to CBC.ca:

[http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/11/02/alqaeda-escape051102.html|Escape of top al-Qaeda suspect from U.S. prison angers Indonesia]

Hell, it angers me because I'm almost thinking the dude didn't escape--he was let go because the USG doesn't give a crap about catching terrorist. Where's Osama? Well, now we've got someone else to be afraid of.

So, here we've got this government (ours) that is being accused of torture--massive torture. From using coercive tactics to actually murdering people in custody (ok, accidentally killing them), the USG has been accused of sponsoring some pretty shady stuff. If I were them, I'd want to prove the accusations wrong ASAP--unless they were true.

Then, if I had no morals, I'd want to ignore the questions, keep inspectors out and do all I could to distract from this story.

Hey, that's exactly what the Bush 43 Administration is doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment