Saturday, November 12, 2005

Apple's Refurb Prices Dip

Now, I'm not a person who gets all rabidly excited about a particular type of technology.

OK, that's not true. I am.

What I don't do is run around and force people to listen to my rants about how great a gadget, computer or OS (or the like) is and how everyone should really just listen to what I am saying.

OK, that's not true, either. I kind of do that.

The point I'm trying to get at is that I'm not one of those insane Mac-lovers who thinks nothing could ever be wrong with their beloved machines or OS.

Mac machines and OSX are NOT PERFECT.

However, they are easier, more fun and all around more pleasant to use than Windows machines, in my opinion, that is. In all logic and calmness, I do suggest that if you're sick of using antiviral software, defragging your hard drive, running adaware and anti-spyware software and running nearly daily (if not weekly) software updates, check out a Mac.

Sure, they're more expensive, the software available for it is slightly limited (though not as much as you probably think) and like all machines and OSes, Macs and OSX are not perfect. However, these are the only failings that I can cite about the two Macs I've owned in the past two years.

Why am I saying all of this now? Because, according to [http://www.tuaw.com/2005/11/11/apple-refurb-prices-lowered/|a post] at TUAW.com, Apple just dropped their prices on refurbished Macs. How about a 12" PowerBook with a 1.5 GHz processor, 512MB, of RAM, an 80GB HD, and a DVD/CD burning SuperDrive for just $1300? That's $300 less than I paid for my current 12" PB with 1GHz processor, 512MB of RAM with just a 40GB HD with the SuperDrive 2 Junes ago.

If you're thinking about making the switch (no one says you need to throw away your old PC--I still have mine) check out http://store.apple.com and scroll down to the "Special Deals" section in the left-hand sidebar. The first link listed is "Apple Refurbished." I'd post that link right here, but, like I said, Apple isn't perfect and their website uses some sort of timed pages that don't let you trade links--friggen' retarded if you ask me. However, their machines are nowhere near as retarded as that--or a Windows machine. :)

For all of you who have heard stacks of complaints about Macs before, odds are that they're complaints pertaining to older versions of the Mac OS. OSX is very different and to be honest, I never would have made the switch if it weren't for OSX's extreme ease of use over OS9.

No comments:

Post a Comment