Sunday, January 2, 2005

Forget Masterbation, Try Rasterbation!

Man, I've been running across the coolest sites lately. Here's another one--it's called Homokaasu.org, while they have a lot of cool, quirky stuff there, the coolest by far is their Rasterbation service. What's Rasterbation? Well, it's when you take a picture, blow it up real big, half-tone it (convert it into tiny dots), and then print it out on a mess of letter-sized pieces of paper. Check out the one we did last night of a picture of an alley way in Tokyo (pic by my pal, Stan):
It came out kinda lousy, but it was my first try. I think it works better with high contrast images. Black and white images seem to work the best--check out the below pics I stole from the Rasterbation Gallery:
 

 
So, as you can see above, the simple, B&W images seem to work very well. Our color image, not so much. Still, it beats a blank backside of a front door.

Why not head over and give it a try yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment