OK, I was thinking about how the emails I sent my senators wouldn't be that helpful to you since I was very specific in my criticisms regarding both senators. Both emails were also stupid-long. So, I thought I'd post a much shorter example that any of you could grab and use yourself. Here it is:
Dear Senator,
I am one of those people who is disillusioned with the political system. I think most if not all of you politicians only care about where your campaign contributions are coming from and not what your constituents are truly concerned about. I hope you prove me wrong and vote against the confirmation of Alberto Gonzales as Attorney General. It's time you politicians started putting people in power that don't leave We the People wondering where their leaders' morals are or even if they have them. Dodging questions, giving vague answers and generally allowing people to wonder where you stand on important issues is not the way to be a good leader and that's just how Gonzales has behaved.
Help restore my confidence in the system. Vote against this man because you want to see a nominee who is clearly and undeniably a fine, moral and upstanding citizen who believes in the original American Way.
Thank you.
How was that? Probably still a little long, but I think it covers all of the important bases without being too inflamatory.
Feel free to use it, or let me know what you think, or both.
Hey Pete...has any of your emails been answered by the person you sent them to..or do you just get a standard "thanks for the email" response? Just curious. Thanks
ReplyDeleteActually, I got nothing back. I did watch Boxer kick some Rice-ass on C-SPAN today, which was nice. But no, not even an autoreply kind of thing. Sad, really...
ReplyDelete