I just wanted to mention that while I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like I have still been working on the site. I've added a cool little photo album plugin that I hope to start using soon. I have many pics laying around needing to be uploaded, now I've got the mechanism. I want to stop using my install of Gallery because it's not uniform with the rest of the site.
I've also added a "email this link" button to the bottom of each post along with new advertising. I hope it isn't too annoying or obnoxious. I just think that since I do so much work on this site, I should at least present the opportunity to my readers to help compensate me for my efforts by having more ads. I haven't been able to work out why they appear sometimes, but not on every post.
I hope everyone likes the new section under the nav links. I think that all works better there than in the column. Please let me know if you disagree.
I also have plenty of plans for TheWiki including adding a few "best of" pages that will feature links to posts on this site that I think haven't gotten the attention they deserve. I'll also do themed link pages, like "Bush Family Nazi Connections posts" and the like.
I'm also hoping to see more guest blog posts from Tim Toon and I've also asked my pal Jen to guest blog, too. I also plan on asking a few other folks to post as well. Please let me know if any of you think different voices on ThePete.Com are a good idea or bad. In the meantime, I think they're a good idea since diversity is cool and I don't feel as bad for all of the tweaking I'm doing to the site behind-the-scenes.
TheFiancee keeps telling me that I'll never be done tweaking the site. Thanks to her comments I've come up with a name for the process of endlessly tweaking your home on web. That name is "hypertweaking."
Write it down...use it...
No comments:
Post a Comment