Sunday, January 2, 2005

SKY BLUE (2003)

Entertaining? On a basic level, yes.
Technically any good? I reeeally wanted to like this movie because it's the first anime from Korea that I've seen, but the voice actors were mostly terrible. I'm a bit of an animation purist so when I see a foreign film, even an animated one, dubbed in English I get annoyed--but the American voices in this were so bad it made watching the movie difficult.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? The film is definitely visually interesting and for that it's worth seeing--but will this be added to my anime collection or will it go down in history as a great anime? No on both counts. Of course, if I could see a subtitled version in Korean, I might change my mind.
Final Rating? SIYL (for the great animation)
This movie is not yet available on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment