Because it's too damn big. Sure, I watched it pass on C-SPAN. I heard McCain complain about how bloody fat the thing was, or tall, rather, but even when he said that it was 3000+ pages and I could see the stacks of paper on his and everyone else's desks, I couldn't quite get my brain around just how absurdly large that bill is. However, I found the online version of H.R. 4818 - Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2005, and I got the idea.
Click here to check out the table of contents. Just be sure to give your browser time to load before you decide I'm full of shit. :)
It's absolutely absurd that such a law is legal. There should be page limits on laws because there's no telling what got passed in that monster. I mean, you'd have to be a fool to think that our senators were able to read that whole thing. Since we know that they couldn't have read the whole thing, it means they passed a bill they didn't read--which means they're not doing their job!
Shouldn't the lot of them be impeached?
No comments:
Post a Comment