Monday, January 10, 2005

Calling All English-As-A-Second-Language Readers!

Well, I don't know if any of you guys noticed the map in the upper right-hand corner of the site becoming more and more dotted, but I did. This means that people from around the world are visiting ThePete.Com and for that I am very happy. To say thanks to all of you guys visiting from "foreign" lands, I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of Google's web page translator service. So, around that heavily dotted map up there are flags from various countries. If you're from any of them or can read the language spoken there, please click on the flag and see how Google does at translating. Then, if you don't mind, let me know how they do. No point in having a translator if he/she doesn't do a good job, right?

You can either comment on this post, tag TheTagBoard or send me an email directly from the site. Thanks for your help and more than anything, thanks for coming! I'm happy to see that so many people outside of America find ThePete.Com to be a useful site.

Oh yeah, and if anyone would like to see this site translated into another language not represented up there, and can point me at an automated translator for that language, please contact me ASAP! I'd love to see what my site looks like in Arabic :)

2 comments:

  1. Forget about translation (at least with google). It's barely understandable in french.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Man, that's annoying. I also tried to translate a page from Japanese into English last night and it came out as complete gibberish. Before posting the links to the Google translator, I tried out Babel fish through altavista.com but for some reason it wouldn't work on my site at all--I'd get some error every time. I don't know why.

    Well, thanks for letting me know PeeWhy! Hopefully more people can give the other languages a try before I take them all down.

    ReplyDelete