Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Recent Pics from The Minicam

I'm a gadget-man--NO!! I don't say!!

I usually keep with me a little camera that I simply refer to as my minicam. You can see it there to the left. It's a cheap little guy--$100 about two years ago at Best Buy. It takes stills and video. It's got a whopping 2x digital zoom for the still pictures and can record up to about an hour straight of video without conking out. That's with the 1GB compact flash card in there. Without it, the minicam can only grab about 3 minutes of video.

Anyway, I used to take loads of pictures with my camera phone, but I got tired of spending $10 a month just to upload pictures. So, I cancelled Sprint Vision and I'm back to uploading manually. No real big deal, it's just a matter of me finding the time to do it. So, here's the time.

First up we have:

That's me in front of the Beard Papa sign at the Hollywood and Highland Complex in Hollywood. Beard Papa happens to sell amazing cream puffs. If you're into sweets and pastries, check them out! They're apparently very popular in Japan and I first learned about them from fellow Angelenos over at [http://franklinavenue.blogspot.com/|FranklinAvenue.net] (man, that's a great blog--I get sucked in there every time I visit!). That pic was taken by TheWife back on October 28, the night some members of my family came to see my show. Man, I should have taken some pics of them, huh?

A bit earlier in October TheWife and I were at the Arclight, or as I like to call it, the Cinerama Dome, to see [http://pocketreviews.net/index.php?p=2516|Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit] and noticed they had some cool stuff in one of their window displays. Here are the two pics I took:


It's a comparison of all of the different film formats. Pretty cool for a film geek (and projectionist) like me. Click the pic for a version large enough to read what each format is.

Here's a pic of a reel of 70mm film--I remember the first time I saw a reel of 35mm film. I thought that was huge--70mm is truly massive.



Next up we have:


Super Muerto!! This I saw in the window of my favorite comic and toy shop in Hollywood, [http://meltcomics.com|Meltdown Comics]. They're doing [http://www.meltcomics.com/events/archives/00000077.html|a special event where they are selling Artemio Rodriguez prints until November 22, 2005]. So, if you're in the area and you dig art as cool as that, stop by Meltdown at 7522 Sunset Boulevard.

And finally we've got...


KITTIES!!

Those are our little fury ones, Ecks (l) and Zaphod (r) spooning in the cat tree.



Usually they're not that friendly (or gay ;) ). Literally, about 30 minutes before I took the above pics they were fighting like Kirk and Spock on the planet Vulcan. Dumb fuzz-balls...

BUT THEY'RE SO CUUUUUUTE!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that Zaphod resembled Neiman Marcus. Okay, just a tiny bit with that tiny bit of mustache. And where is Jimmy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call that a birthmark and James was some place else. He wouldn't fit on the tree with both of them. Also, Ecks and Zaphod haven't quite yet warmed up to James to the point where they lie on top of him. They'll lie next to him, but so far no cute-picture moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That large-format film display is badass. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it is pretty cool--and it's a dying medium. Film is serious old skool...

    ReplyDelete