Saturday, October 16, 2004

JON STEWART STANDS UP FOR THE AMERICAN!

So, I'm surfing the usenet newsgroups last night (there's no reason you need to know what those are--just assume they're old skool Internet stuff) and I stumble across this clip of Jon Stewart on CNN's Crossfire. I'm a fan of his, so I DL the clip, and man, he was at his least funniest, but at his most critical of the media. When he's on his own show, he tends to only truly bag on the media directly every once in a while and usually only when he calls Bob Novak a "douche bag for freedom." (Sorry, Lisa tells me Stewart calls him a douche bag for liberty. Sorryyy!) This time, however, Stewart rips into the guys on Crossfire--as a guest on Crossfire, explaining how their show is "hurting America" and suggesting amid their challenges that they should work a little harder to get the truth out of the people they have on, instead of just their spin.

In short, Stewart did on this show what politicians should be doing all over America--which is concerning himself with the best interests of America--not their own careers or their own bank accounts. In fact, one of the hosts of Crossfire asked Stewart which candidate would give him better material after Nov. 2nd. Stewart explains that it's the absurdity of the system that makes it the easiest.

Man... I really wish more people would criticize the system like that on TV. He's talking about the giant pink elephant in the room no one else is talking about--how screwed the system is and how screwed we are because of it. I think this is a very important clip to watch, so I'm hosting it in two different places.


ThePete.Com (mirror 1) - TheScifi.com (mirror 2)
(14mb .mov - the smallest file size I could find)


If you want to mirror this file, please do! DL it and host it on your site. Once you do, just post a link to your mirror in a comment or email me with the URL.

Special thanks to Daily Kos and ImJohnGalt for posting links to transcripts and video files of Jon Stewart on Crossfire. Also special thanks to N Jenson for hosting the clip I am now hosting.

Incidentally, I'd like to sell the domain "TheSciFi.Com" in case anyone is interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment