Friday, October 15, 2004

911 Memorial, Disgusting People Special Pages

While staring at my server logs over the past couple days, I've noticed that people are ending up at this site hoping to find either my 911 Memorial page or my Disgusting People page. These pages have moved to a Special Pages section here at ThePete.Com. You can check out these pages and other "stand alone" pages I've created by clicking on "Special Pages" on the nav menu which is right underneath the Past Posts search in the right-hand column on the main page at ThePete.Com.

For anyone who doesn't know, the 911 Memorial and Disgusting People pages were both posted on my site shortly after 911. The 911 page features pictures, articles and videos dating from 9/11/01 or from the days immediately folllowing. The idea was to create a snapshot of what we saw in those days following the attack.

The Disgusting People page I posted after buying the 911 commemorative edition of People Magazine. Some brilliant editor over at People decided to leave the advertisements in, thus creating such disturbing montages as a picture of a man yelling in terror on one page opposite an ad for life insurance--I kid you not.

In the Special Pages section you can also check out the Hanna-Barbera Memorial page which features pictures of the old H-B studios in Studio City, California. This was a place I worked back in '97.

There's also the Hollywood & Highland page, which is a photo essay of a shopping area that was recently constructed next to the famous Grauman's Chinese Theater in the heart of Hollywood. I have pics of this place being built some place, too--need to add those one of these days.

Finally, we have my MOLD-A-RAMA page! Mold-A-Rama is a nearly lost artform of on-demand-plastic-statue-making that anyone can do. Basically, since the 1960s at public museums, amusment parks and other such locations, these big vending machines were available for instant-toy making. You drop in your 75 cents and watch as two metal molds press together and create a small, but impressively detailed statue for you from plastic that flows while you watch. Check out this page!!

I hope everyone enjoys checking them out. I hope to add more special pages in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment