Friday, October 29, 2004

SIDEWAYS (2004)

Sideways (Widescreen Edition)Entertaining? Definitely, although this is a very subtle movie. It's got NO explosions in it whatsoever. ;)
Technically any good? DEFINITELY. This movie is like a fine wine the lead character might enjoy. The only issue I had was with the montage sequences where you can't hear them talking as they fall in love. It's a weakness in the writing when you can't hear the little things the characters say to each other that prove to us they are falling in love. Otherwise, the film is virtually flawless. (Seriously.)
How did I feel as the credits rolled? VERY satisfied. So much so that I forgot about the montage sequence I didn't like. This is a very good film, probably one of the best of the year.
Final Rating? GSN (But remember! It has NO explosions! In other words, it's a film for adults who enjoy quality films.)

1 comment:

  1. My Lord, what a boring movie. With a title like "Sideways," you would think there would be at least one car chase or some exploded buildings, but nooooo.... they had to go and make a film and completely devote it to plot, character development, love and great laughs. I know, I was warned but I take everything thePete says with a grain of salt. When thePete says "no explosions" I thought that just meant small ones... Anyway, this was a tremendous love story and I can not wait to see it again. I didn't even have a problem with the montages, sometimes it's all in the gestures and expressions. I know you're a writer but let's give the actors a shot at showing love, without words. Perfect ending! Thanks for helping me choose this film.

    ReplyDelete