Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Kelsey Grammer in X-MEN 3

So, I guess X-Men 3 is coming out this summer. That pic there is Kelsey Grammer as The Beast. I like him as the blue Beast, but part of the tragedy of his character is that he used to be a more human beast. Every so often in the comic he'd return to his human form as he perfects a new form of chemical that returns him to his more human version. After a while though, the mutation builds up an immunity to his drug and he reverts to the blue guy.

Personally, I think Kelsey's not right for the human Beast--too fat. The Beast is always athletic--I mean the dude can leap from the floor to the ceiling and stay there by holding on to pipes, or light fixtures or whatever his feet can grab on to.

Although I am excited to see Angel--Warren Worthington is one of my all time favorite superheroes. When he lost his wings back in the 1980s to the Reavers, they couldn't have made a more tragic fantasy character.

Let's just hope X3 is as good as X1 and X2. I think Bryan Singer should hire Ron Moore to write movies. Or hire me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment