Technically any good? On too many levels to list, this movie was horrid. Cultural, cinematic and thematic cliches combine in a story so intensely boring my mind boggled. I didn't care about anyone ever and was frustrated because I felt like all of the actors involved deserved a better director and script. Unfortunately, most of the acting was pretty bad because everyone was speaking English with broken accents (except Yeoh and Watanabe who are always great) and took more time enunciating than they did actually acting.
How did it leave me feeling? Like I just wasted the last two hours and forty minutes of my life. This movie seemed to have no point throughout the film making it ultimately a useless film, with no opinion, or value. I took nothing from this film but tremendous fatigue. Think of this film as The Last Samurai without the good bits (and I hated The Last Samurai).
Final Rating? DNS (This movie is unbelievably bad.)
No comments:
Post a Comment