They don't taste great together!
I know for the vast majority of you this won't make a difference since it's about using Mozilla's Firefox browser on a Mac with OSX 10.4.4 on it, but, well, I can't really use Firefox on a Mac with OSX 10.4.4 on it--at least I can't use it on mine.
I have four different versions of Firefox on my machine and they all do the same thing after a while of being open--they lock up. Sometimes it will be while a page is loading. Other times it will be in the middle of nothing. A page will be loaded and sitting there for a while and I'll go to switch to another tab which has also been loaded for many minutes and nothing happens. I try to close the tab, reload, anything but nothing works except closing the browser window. Then I open a new one and everything is cool for a while until it happens again.
When it does happen, any other FF browser windows that are open will often work fine, but sometimes they don't.
Can't figure it out for the life of me.
I switched to Safari for a bit and discovered that I seemed to be getting odd slow-downs in it, too. While it doesn't completely lock up like Firefox does, I do get the dreaded beach ball spinning for 30-45 seconds, which may not seem like much but is actually a royal pain.
The funny thing about both browsers is that it's not consistent at all. I can't get it to happen when I do a certain thing. Like right now, I'm writing this post in Firefox 1.5. Go figure.
What's extra annoying is that I've got two web design clients I need to do work for. I've got Camino installed on this system, which is Mozilla's Mac-only browser and I also have Opera installed, too. Perhaps I should give them a whirl.
Still, I wonder how many other people out there are having trouble with Firefox 1.5 in Mac OSX 10.4.4.
I hope Apple updates soon. I should have just stayed at 10.4.3. Why is it that I always update one upgrade too far??
No comments:
Post a Comment