Sunday, January 15, 2006

FutureBlog Entry #15

January 15, 2106 posted by Pete III

The plan was simple, head back down to the M's and find her. This time I didn't want to go by myself and since the bombing, the authorities had released Ryca from her duties as my keeper. The night of the bombing, my custody had been entrusted to the good Madame Chancellor. I paid her a visit today, by the way. She's doing quite well.

The trouble is, only Ryca knows exactly where we were. After I fell unconscious, I woke up in some robot's flat. I can't understand why robots would even need a "home" in a proper sense. Recharging was the excuse Ryca had given me but I find that difficult to swallow. No robot would be programmed to have a home. Even legacy programming--that is, programs written by computers that base the new programs coded by humans--would not allow for a code mutation that would permit the keeping of a "home" in a human sense. This is just what that area was.

I'm going to need Ryca to bring me back there. Also, in case I manage to injure myself and my guardian angel doesn't swoop in to save my life again and Ryca isn't able to protect me, I'll need a health official. I'll try to talk mine in to coming with. His name is Peitai Hu, Doctor Peitai Hu. He's from Xin Gang, which was, if I'm not mistaken, called China, back in the time of my faithful readers.

Doctor Hu is a very good man. I'm always coming to him with scrapes and bruises and he knows just how to fix me up. One time I had a bit of a problem with one of the medications. I couldn't get off of it for a bit and he helped me. First by getting me more and then by getting me help. I think I can convince him.

Then, I'll need an electronics expert. I'm good with computers, but those machines are well beyond my scope. I'll need to convince my technology mentor, Daisuke Ken, to come with me on this little quest, as well. He's from Hatsu Tokai, so he's of Japanese descent.

I'm a first rate hacker "ichiban," Ken would say, but when it comes to all of that machinery, he would be the only person capable of tell us what it all does, how it works and how to shut it down so we don't get sheared in half like I almost did on my last journey.

What will convince these three to follow me down to the M's? I should hope that being part of the story of the century would be enough.

If it isn't, then perhaps catching one of the people behind 110 will interest them.

Unfortunately, I've got to write a few short pieces about the investigation before I'll have time to assemble my team. I don't want anyone to know about this because if word gets to the Nogoodnicks, then we're quite finished before we even get started. I'll talk to Dr. Hu tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment